I finished weaving the kool-aid warp that I dyed. I wanted to accentuate the colors without washing them out, so I used Comfort DK in a light brown for the weft.
I wish I had put the orange where the yellow is. Some of the orange was lost to loom waste and the yellow is kind of meh. Oh well, I finally accomplished a pooling scarf and now I have a reproducible method to make more. I have enough of the dyed yarn for a second scarf - I might try a black weft for that one.
M's new Christmas scarf is getting bigger.
That little strip of yellow is waste yarn for an afterthought heel. Since stockings always hang so you see the side, I think I will rotate the decreases for the heel by 90 degrees so it looks more like a toe. (The pictures when I'm done will help if that just made zero sense to you) I'm also toying with the idea of lining the entire stocking to prevent stretching out of shape. I think I've got some red jersey or fleece around somewhere.
This pattern doesn't show up well in the photo - not enough contrast between the green and red.
This is a Sanquhar pattern called Prince of Wales. Sanquhar is a small town in Scotland that was known for producing beautiful hand-knitted gloves in distinctive black and white patterns. These patterns are very adaptable to other knitted items and look good in colors as well as black and white. A Ravelry search for Sanquhar knitting patterns yields many gorgeous designs. I don't have the patience for gloves, but the socks are striking and all that color stranding would make them really thick and warm.
Ohio State is playing Minnesota at noon today and I will be camped out on the couch with the stocking to keep me from biting my fingernails. With some luck, 3:30 will find the Buckeyes with another victory and me with the stocking nearly completed!