Ok - that posted just fine. Now I need to see if I can get a picture in.
I found myself in an odd position last Monday. M needed a dark apron for her Fiddler costume, so I bought some fabric and sewed one. No pattern, just winging it. Basically a rectangle with some waist gathers sewn onto a sash.
I was just finishing it and feeling pretty successful when M announced she had a second project for me. For extra credit on her science class, she needed me to make her a mole!
She had a Xeroxed pattern she brought home, which was good. I would have no idea how to improvise a mole! I cut out the pattern pieces and then rummaged in my little fleece stash.
Past experience has taught me that my sewing machine and fleece don't get along, so I hand- stitched it instead. The felt nose and paws got glued on because it was getting late.
This is the underside view - makes it look like road kill. M chose the colors.
Here he is upright. He's an odd little thing but kind of cute. M got her extra credit and now we have a mole. He was actually quick and easy enough to make me think I should find some more fleece critter patterns. They would make good presents for little people.
A post with 2 pictures - stay tuned sports fans!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone